Q1 2011 Marketing Plan For The Skool of Life
One of the things I think has been instrumental in my ability to keep growing my blog is the fact that I put together a marketing plan every quarter. On Thursday I’ll actually be doing a BlogcastFM webinar on how to put together your own quarterly marketing plan so if you’re interested, you should definitely attend. You can go back and look at some of my previous marketing plans as well. I find that putting together this marketing plan helps me to deal with the information overload in the blogosphere and actually take action on the best ideas I come across.
A New Mission Statement
As The Skool of Life evolves, so does my mission. I think it’s safe to say that I will always be the guy who turns surf sessions into life lessons. However, as we approach the new year I want the mission of the Skool of Life to be about three key themes: Learn Anything, Be Anyone You Want, and Live a Life without Limits.
3 Key Goals for Q1
An Improved Email Newsletter
- 6 Part E-Course: I’ve realized that I need a newsletter that really resonates with the theme of my site and my new mission. So, I will be working in this first week or two on putting together a new email sequence titled the Things You Should have Learned in School But Didn’t. The idea is to take a conventional school subject like math and put a personal development spin on it. I think it should be fun
Expansion of my Network
I’m also going to focus on expanding my network and I have 3 key ideas that I believe will help me to do that.
- Interview People in Different niches: One of the things I’ll be working on with BlogcastFM is reaching outside the niche of personal development and lifestyle design. One thing that became really apparent to me at Blogworld is just how vast the blogospehere is. There are people most of us have never heard of who are building their own empires, tribes, and rocking. I think it’s important that we start connecting with these people too.
- Publish my Manifesto: The manifesto I’ve written is mostly done. I wrote it about 2 months back but the design and layout work are still in progress. I also need to do some edits on it. This will be roughly 60-70 pages and it will be a complete walk through of everything I’ve done to build The Skool of Life. I believe giving it away for free is a fundamental component of expanding my network since this will cause it to spread much more. I’m willing to sacrifice a couple hundred dollars in sales if it means I can reach more people in the long run.
- Sponsor #blogchat: There’s a good chance that Sid and I will sponsor one of the Blogchats this quarter or next. If you don’t participate in blogchat, I highly recommend it because you’ll connect with lots of people, come up with new ideas, and find new readers for your blog.
Grow Income Streams and Develop New Ones
- Affiliate Promos: I’ve never been particularly good at affiliate marketing, possibly because I’ve just been lazy about the whole process. But I’m planning to incorporate one or two affiliate promos a month in my newsletter that are highly relevant to my audience.
- One Mini Product: Mini products make a nice little income stream even though they don’t generate fortunes. I know I definitely want to do another mini product, possibly a teleclass or mini ebook. Let me know what you’d be interested in learning from me.
- Consulting Sessions: If you go to the BlogcastFM service page, you’ll see that I’ve already incorporated consulting into my offerings. I usually charge $100 for an one hour session. For the next 2 weeks I’m going to offer a one hour session for $50.00 for anybody who signs up. Just click on paypal link be to setup a session. You’ll also get an mp3 of our consulting session so you can refer back to it anytime.
Order a 1 hour consulting Session for $50.00
So there you have it, the plan for Q1. The reason I share this plans is because I think everyone who intends to grow their blog should do one. Hopefully this provides a useful framework for you as you develop yours. If you do write one up, let me know by tweeting it with the hashtag #2011MarketingPlan so we can all learn from each other.
Enjoyed This Post and Want More?
I've recently joined the team at Academy on the Go.
It's where your smartphone, tablet, or laptop becomes the instructor.
And your daily life becomes the classroom.
Interested? Click Here to Change Your Life »