Fear of Uncertainty and the Flip Side
Anytime I go out and surf on a bigger than average day I start out with a bit of fear in the first 30 minutes. I actually let a couple of waves go by. But, then something happens. I catch the first wave of the day and the adrenaline kicks and the fear is obliterated. From that moment on I can’t get enough and I just want to feel that rush over and over again.
Yesterday I realized that it’s just fear of the uncertainty. You might be thinking “how is that fear of the uncertainty? You’re like a fish with the amount of time you do this.” That’s absolutely true, but every wave is different and it’s different every time you paddle out. So it always takes me a slight adjustment period before I start going for waves.
The Flip Side of Fear of the Uncertainty
On the flip side of fear of uncertainty is often a very incredible place. Once you’re on the wave you’re in a state of complete and utter bliss. So let’s look at how this applies to your life:
- On the flip side of leaving a job you hate is possibly getting to do something you absolutely love.
- On the flip side of leaving a relationship that you are not content with is the possibility of falling in love with somebody in way that makes you feel like this.
- On the flip side of the fear of starting your own business is the possibility of financial independence and living the life of your dreams.
- On the flip side of publishing that blog post that you’re not so sure you should push publish on is the possibility of sending your blog into the stratosphere.
- On the flip side of your biggest risk, is reward and bliss.
- On the flip side of giving up all your attachments is getting everything you’ve ever wanted. (I haven’t figured this one out yet, but I’ve read enough about it that I’m convinced of its legitimacy).
- On the flip side, there are endless possibilities and infinite potential.
How often are you not going for your wave when it comes?
Enjoyed This Post and Want More?
I've recently joined the team at Academy on the Go.
It's where your smartphone, tablet, or laptop becomes the instructor.
And your daily life becomes the classroom.
Interested? Click Here to Change Your Life »